If you are wondering how to spend a day in Amsterdam or how to make best use of your time during a long layover at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS), here are some of the best things you can do to explore the city. Located just over five miles from Schiphol airport, Amsterdam offers plenty of attractions some of which you can see and experience in a day or less.
1. A great way to squeeze in as many sights as you can in an hour and half or less is to take a cruise along Amsterdam’s beautiful canals. The canal tour offers a glimpse into the charming architecture of the surrounding buildings and the iconic houseboats that are part of the city’s many fascinating sights.
2. Take a walk along the canals and enjoy a traditional Dutch meal or snack in a café or restaurant you can find in the area.
3. Admire the architecture in Jordaan. See the gorgeous old buildings like the Dutch Protestant Westerkerk church that dates back to 400 years ago.
4. Visit the Rijksmuseum and see some of its vast collection of artworks from world-renowned artists like Rembrandt and Vermeer among many others. If you are a Van Gogh fan, visit the Van Gogh Museum located right next to the Rijksmuseum.
5. Drop by the Museumplein and have your photo taken with the IAmsterdam sculpture in the background.
6. If you still have time, take a quick self-guided tour of the House of Bols to see some of the attractions in of the city’s famous gin museum.
7. Make a pit stop at Dam Square. Enjoy the picturesque scene and the architecture. Sit in a café while savoring a delicious cup of coffee or a good meal or treat.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.